Monday, January 18, 2010

I got my hair colored today and the total was $130.00- How much should i tip the hairdresser?

I live in Florida, i got only color (foil) and it took 3 hours-no cut (if that matters?)- I tipped $20.00 - but i am worried it wasn't enough and i love the color.I got my hair colored today and the total was $130.00- How much should i tip the hairdresser?
$20 is fine...I usuall tip 25 to 30, because I never make an appointment and they take me...I tip higher if it is not the shop owner, lower if it is....if I don't like it...I make them re do it..I got my hair colored today and the total was $130.00- How much should i tip the hairdresser?
That was good.
I just read the average tip for a hairdresser is between 10-20% so I think you are good
that was a decent tip no worries 130
you should always tip 25-30% especially if you loved the color. your tip was 'okay. i like to think of it as a fine dining experiance. imagine going to a nice restaurant and tipping poorly, why is tipping a hairdresser any different? other than they have a series of tables, and we have just you for the period of time. a lot of women dont know, and will just tip 5 or 10$ and its important for people to be educated on how appropriate it is to tip your hairdresser well. most hairdressers are very dependent on tips as part of their income
I got my Hair highlights and i tipped her 40 bucks and it cost me 130. Since u liked it it would of most likely been better to tip that person 30 but it's ok next tim eu go try to have that person do it so u know it will look good
I guess that kind of tip should be less than 20% but more than 5%.
I've read that 12-15% is good for a hairdresser. More if you're happy with the new do, and less if he/she doesn't do what you've asked of him/her.
$20 was good-- sometimes if you have a seperate shampoo girl you can throw in a little to her to. Believe me $20 is a good tip.
thats the perfect amount
For a 3hr foil and cut. The tip is plenty. But, if you really like the job the stylist did, pre-scheduling your next foil touch-up could be just as much of a compliment to the stylist. After all return customers are where stylists make their money. And a happy customer spreads the name of the salon or stylist( free advertisement)

No comments:

Post a Comment