Friday, January 22, 2010

How much do you tip your hairdresser?

I'm a server so I am used to tipping 20%. For my cut and color it's about $150 so should I be tipping $30? Thats how much I am tipping now but I have no idea if that is good or not!How much do you tip your hairdresser?
Finding the ideal hairstylist can take years. Once you find yours, you will likely want to show your appreciation.





Generally speaking, the tip should be at least 15%, if you are satisfied with the service and results. If you are thrilled, or if your stylist put extra time and effort into your appointment this time, then you way want to add 20% instead.





Several additional factors may affect the level of tipping in the hair salon.





Not long ago, I published an entire online article on this exact subject. You can click the SOURCE link (below) to read this entire article (free).How much do you tip your hairdresser?
You're probably tipping about right.





Depending on the type of agreement your hairdresser has with the owner of the shop, she could be making anywhere from about $7.00 an hour to everything over the cost of leasing her station and paying for her supplies. Some hairdressers make VERY good money. My daughter works in a small family type salon and brings home over $4000.00 a month (in our area that's not bad money), but I know others that make more and some that barely make enough to crank up the car to go to work. There are a lot of factors to consider, but an established stylist with a good clientele and a good lease agreement can make as much money as they want to make.
Depends if she has done a good job or not...
I think 30 is perfect.
I tip approx. $5 on a $15 haircut - but that is so I know they will fit me in when they are busy.





Sorry I couldn't be more help!
WHOA!!! $150???????? Good grief! My hair is at most $60 and If it's 60 I tip $10. Anything lower than $60 gets $5.
I would tip 15%-20% depending on how good she is- so I think you're fine.
Interestingly, I thought my math was wrong, but I compared it and it came out to what you said, $30.


See I know when we were in Turkey(we're military), hair cuts were $5. And I know my husband always told me to tip $1 for every $5 you spend and I'd take me and my daughters to all get cuts at the Turkish beauty shop.


That said, I have stayed with the $1 for every $5 and I did the math and it came out to your $30.


I know it sounds high though for some. Heck spending $150 for a cut and color is high to me!


These days I pay $13 for a cut and I color my own and that costs me $7.
I think 10 bucks is more than enough
i tip five buckaroos.


at my hair is about 112$
  • benefit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment