Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm a mobile hairdresser and have a large client base, but I'd like to start working from home.?

I'm having a baby in August and need to keep earning money. I think it would be easier to get my clients to come to me, most have already offered. My problem is i'm not sure on how it effects my house insurance and not sure what other rules and regulations i have to follow.I'm a mobile hairdresser and have a large client base, but I'd like to start working from home.?
You would need to notify your your local council as there are many laws covering salons which, in effect, you will have become.


Also, notify your buildings and contents insurers, as you may invalidate some clauses in your insurance. Your business insurance company will also need to know, particularly for public liability cover.I'm a mobile hairdresser and have a large client base, but I'd like to start working from home.?
As well as your house insurance, you may need to check with your mortgage company or landlord. You'll need separate insurance for your business. Companies like AXA offer a working from home policy (we've used them for business insurance from home and premises).





You'll also need to make sure you comply with Health %26amp; Safety legislation and access for the disabled. None of this is as scary as it sounds. Your best source of advice would be your local Business Link. They'll guide you through any legislation that you need to comply with.





Good luck and congratulations on your baby!
The advice above is valid, there are council tax considerations too. But on the flip side, you would then be able to reclaim a proportion of your electric and other relevant household expenses as an offset to your income on your tax returns.
  • benefit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment