Saturday, January 23, 2010

Question about hair products; hairdressers, beauty experts, help!?

I currently use Biolage shampoo %26amp; conditioner and I love it. I also have taken to straightening my hair with a flat iron.





I work at Bath and Body Works, and we always recommend with our facial products to use products from the same line for best results.





my question is: since I already use Biolage, should I also use Biolage styling products for best results? Or does it make a difference?





Also, I straighten my hair by sectioning it off and mixing serum with mousse to help straighten it. Is there a better way? What products should I use for the best results? My hair is pretty


average, not course, curly, etc.





Thanks! I welcome responses both from hair expects and from those of you who have used different products and have some advice!Question about hair products; hairdressers, beauty experts, help!?
All the advice I've ever been given is NOT to put serum on before heat-- it's like heating oil in a frypan! The mousse is fine though...


I don't really think you need to use ALL products from the same line- maybe shampoo and conditioner together as they are made to work in sync, but best to just find what works best for your own hair.


Helpful??Question about hair products; hairdressers, beauty experts, help!?
first question, no no difference although the company rep will tell you there is, it all depends on your hair type as long as you use a quality product there is no need to stay with one brand . second question as a trial, put in no product, sectioin and straighten as normal, and then put in a small amount of serum, serum is used to defrizz not straighten, with less product your hair will be less oily and the straighten will last longer (hairdresser with 14 yrs exp)
Honestly, as far as I can tell companies just say to use the same products for best results so people buy more of their products. I've never noticed any improvement at all of the effect of a hair product if I used it w/ other products from the same company.





Also, you might want to try hairspray for straightening, I find it keeps hair straighter WAY longer than mousse or gel! I use Fructis, it's awesome.
  • benefit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment