Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Should I have been charged by a hairdresser who burnt my scalp?

I went to a hairdressers yesterday evening to get my hair coloured. After the colour went on, I noticed that it was burning my scalp, so I called the hairdresser back. She asked me to leave it on for 5 more mins and then they washed it off. When I sat back down I noticed that my scalp was all red. I made a little bit of a fuss about it but the salon owner was trying to make out that it wasn't their fault and they tried to charge me full price. I argued and they gave me a small reduction. My scalp is still sore today. Should I have been charged at all? I'd appreciate some advice.Should I have been charged by a hairdresser who burnt my scalp?
This is not your fault.


Did they do a colour test on your arm or behind your ear 48 hours before they coloured your hair???


They should have done to check if you are allergic to the dye, if not they are liable.


If not then you could be having an allergic reaction to the dye that they applied.


Keep an eye on your scalp and see if it blisters (hopefully it won't).


Some people's scalp are more sensitive to the dyes used, if it is darkening your natural colour or keeping it the same then keep an eye on your scalp, if they were lighteneing your hair there can be some redness due to the peroxide in the dye itself.


If it is still sore after a few days go back and get them to check it out and get your money back. If you don't want to go straight back there go to another hairdressers and get them to give you their opinion they should be able to tell you if it is a normal reaction or not then you can go back to the first salon and complain.Should I have been charged by a hairdresser who burnt my scalp?
no





your the customer they are providing your servis





go to your dr a.s.a.p





as this can cause more damage


i read in a paper once a hair dresser had to pay 拢10.000 damages as she would not listen to her customer when told of a burning sensation


the customer lost their hair with in a week and was admited to the burns unit





all for a perm
No you shouldn't have been charged and you certainly shouldn't have paid. Go back into the salon (and take someone with you as witness) and show them what damage they have caused to your scalp and ask for a full refund as you are not happy with the service you received. Any decent reputable hairdresser would not have charged you.
did the hairdresser do a skin test on you first if not then she is at fault i would demand a full refund good luck
No way! hair dressers are the most arrogant people ever.


it is absolutely rediculous


i would sue
no
no they should have done skin test b4 they put any dye on your scalp. they should have carried on without this.
OMG.... Sue them...call your lawyer right now. and visit a doctor.
No!
I would have charged them - cheeky buggers!!!
How can it not be their fault? You have put yourself into their care and do not expect to be phsycially harmed by their actions. I would have kicked off good style. If I were you, I would write to the manager of the salon (if they have a head office, try them) and ask them to explain their actions. Don't threaten them with anything or ask for anything, but ask them what action they are prepared to take, in light of the injuries they have inflicted on you. Ask them questions - I bet they won't be able to answer you. Then never go back there! And tell all your friends too. Best of luck.
This is a common problem and can lead to redness in the face and dry flakey skin on the scalp face and neck.





The key point is negligence. Do you think that the hairdresser has been negligent. For example has this happened before to you on similar treatments and if so did you warn them. If you know who manufactured the colour then they may have a greater degree of negligence than the hairdresser.





If all settles down without scaring then just put it down to experience, if you are still in pain after 7 days I would suggest that you ask your doctor to take a look and to write to the manufacturer and the hairdresser and ask for compensation.





Do some research on the manufacturer and see if you can find any past history of people with similar problems caused by their products
no way man....
not at all
hi i am a hairdresser and sometimes colour companies change the ingredients in there colour or in the peroxide used with out a warning notice so if you have had this colour before by the same hairdresser it is very likely that this is why she didn't do a skin test and that you had a reaction however if you told her it was burning she should have washed it off immediately go back to the salon asap and tell them your scalp is still sore ask them to check the ingredients with an older box of colour or peroxide then ask them if they will give you a free course of conditioning treatments to soothe your scalp if this fails tell them you will seek advice from the citizens advice bureau hope this helps and try rinsing your scalp in cool water and comb it gently so as not to aggravate it more
No you shouldnt have been charged,


The idea is, u pay for what you get,


sure u got ur hair colored,


but did want your hair colored AND a burnt scalp ?


No !


They didnt give you the servive you wanted !





I dont know how you could deal with this, except mabye spread bad news about the place , but i doubt that would do anything major.





If you can come up with a rock solid argument, you could mabye try again at getting your money back.





Goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment