Friday, May 14, 2010

How much to tip at hairdresser?

Kind of a random question ... but I am getting my hair colored. One of the girls in the shop is going to color it, but the owner of the shop is going to be the one cutting/blow-drying it. It's going to cost $75. How much do I tip each?? (I have heard that you aren't supposed to tip the owner, but feel funny about that, since its a friend of a friend.) Do I tip them separately?? Stupid question, I know, but don't want to look stupid.How much to tip at hairdresser?
I am a hairstylist. Owners usually do not accept tips, but in some instances depend on them just as much as the other employees. around 20% is customary if you are satisfied. as so there is no confusion as to who you should tip, and how much for each, leave the tip with the person whom you pay for your services.How much to tip at hairdresser?
I usually tip depending on how long it took them and how good of a job i think they did. I just got my hair in an updoe for a formal event last week. The lady was very nice, my hair looked beautiful and she actually did all my hair (Its long and i have a lot) in less then an hour. There was even a special that day since my friend and i went together it was only $35 a piece my friend only tipped like $3 but i thought she did great and the place was very nice so i tipped her $15. I guess ive always been like that though i like being nice. So i guess it depends on how satisfied you are. I would say at least $5 if it takes them about an hour.
I used to work in Toni and Guy and people didn't really tip that much, but one women tipped 拢20 and the girl was quite shocked. So maybe 拢5-10 depending how much you liked it, and 拢1 for the girl that washes your hair.
15-20% of the bill before discounts and taxes. So, 20% of $75.00 is $15.00 and 15% of $75.00 is $11.25
You should tip about 20% but only if they do a really good job. I think that $10-$15 should more than cover it.
You should tip around 20%.

No comments:

Post a Comment