Friday, May 14, 2010

Any hairdressers that could help me out..?

I have a cow's lick, and so just now I have my hair in an off-centre parting. About 2 cm from a centre parting and to my right side. But the thing is, I really want to have a sweeping side fringe.


But my hair doesn't seem to allow it, but I was wondering if it ever would be able to?


:(


much love, rdm_xAny hairdressers that could help me out..?
Depending on how strong it is, I have found that the best thing is to work with it. You are going to be in a constant battle, and it is going to win every time!





Usually, I like to put the part through the cowlick, and use it as part of the design. you will get some nice lift out of it and may give you additional fullness without working for it. You might want to leave that section just a bit longer so it has some added weight to hold its shape.





If you try to force it against its natural direction, you will get a lot of lift and fighting back. You can use it to advantage, or be in constant battle.





Not knowing what kind of bangs you are talking about, it is hard to make any suggestions. I would think, if the cowlick is not that severe, you could be able to put just a hint of a bend in the ends of the hair, and the brush them to one side, allowing it to fall into place. If the cowlick is very prominent, this may not be possible to the same degree as you wish.





My best suggestion would be to consult with a professional stylist, and see what they can suggest. They will be able to see you and your hair, and better know what will work or not for you. Don't do anything at that time (as to cutting or shaping) until you have time to go home and think about it. Cuts take a long time to grow out! But if a good solution can be found that you are happy with, I think you will really enjoy it more than having to fight with it every day. Sometimes we can't have what we would like, but need to learn to like what we have.Any hairdressers that could help me out..?
The only thing that really helps a cowlick is length to pull it flatter. You need to let that spot grow out for a while. Your cowlick will always remain, as it is formed from a section of hair where the follicles direct the hair to grow out in a different direction from most of your hair. Length to pull it out does mask it though

No comments:

Post a Comment