Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My gay hairdresser now refuses to cut or style my hair, can anyone tell me what legal options I have?

I currently go to an extremely exclusive salon in nearby Laguna Beach where Fernando, a homosexual master stylist, cuts my hair for approximately $150 per cut.





I got into a dispute with him last week over homosexual marriage (he is gay himself, I am not prejudiced against the folks because they make the best stylists), saying it will spell doom to society, and he told me that he could no longer cut my hair because being in my presence makes him feel uncomfortable. I use the credit card I jointly have with my wealthy husband and as money is no object for that quality of a cut. So I offered him as high as $500 each time he cuts it, but he still will not budge, saying this is an issue of principle, not money.





What can I do to make him change his mind? Am I allowed under California or federal law to file a discrimination suit against the salon for discriminating against me on the basis of being a Christian?My gay hairdresser now refuses to cut or style my hair, can anyone tell me what legal options I have?
why is everything about money to you people? i go to cost cutters and pay 15 dollars for my hair cut and i don't care who cuts it. your not going to get anything on him for discrimination. he will get you for being against his gayness. just take it in the *** and go get your hair cut somewhere else. is it really going to prove anything? what that your husband has money and you think you got life by the balls!! get over yourself and get it cut somewhere elseMy gay hairdresser now refuses to cut or style my hair, can anyone tell me what legal options I have?
Someone told me to read all of your questions and answers for a laugh.


I didn't laugh.


For all your money, you seem like the smallest, most pathetic person.


And suing for discrimination because you're Christian? You're married, and by your other answers, it looks like you can't keep your legs closed long enough to look up the word ';adultery';. Maybe while you're burning in hell you can check the front of your bible for that one.
Suck his crap-covered cock, just your FAKE QUESTION style.
You better start looking for a new hairdresser.





I can't blame the guy for feeling the way he does in your presence but when you're sitting in his vhair, you are at his mercy.
He isn't breaking any law by refusing to do your hair.





The only legal option you have is to try and find some other stylist who does not find you as objectionable and ask him to cut your hair.





It might be a good idea to keep your unsolicited comments to yourself next time.
Yup.... starting to think that all of these questions are part of a colossal, un-funny joke.





You obviously have too much time on your hands.
LMAO!





Nice story, I was very entertained. Maybe you can make amends by offering him some free tickets to see Cher, and then avoiding future conversation about this contentious issue.
Would you really trust him to cut your hair now? Be real.
He has the right to refuse service to anyone.


You cannot force him legally to cut your hair. If anything, he has the right to sue YOU because you made him feel uncomfortable.


Just get another stylist, and keep your opinions about their lifestyle to yourself.
Your stylist is not ';discriminating'; against you because of your religion. He's ';discriminating'; against you because of your political views -- your views about what should or should not be public policy. I think he's being silly, but I can't see how you can have any legal recourse against his silliness.
Bull **** the whole friggin story
So this is what the kids do now instead of playing D%26amp;D
Lol - nice little scenario...if it was true, but why spoil a good story with the truth?!





Anyhoo, I guess the moral of your little tale is that some people's principles can't be bought or sold no matter what the price. Go Fernando!!
Maybe you could go back and give him a genuine apology, after all a Christian knows it is not their place to judge less you be judged.


A splinter in the eye has now turned to splintered hairs how amusing.


Myself I just let my daughter do my hair costs me nothing


and we get bonding time who cares if my hair is somewhat lopsided
Go somewhere else for the time being. there are plenty of good stylists in Cali, i'm sure. Also, i'm sure if ur that wealthy, ur husband has a lawyer on hand. talk to him/her
I have a question is this salon so exclusive that it is by appointment only?


If not then you could just stake it out to make sure all of the other stylists are busey and he is not,when the oppourtunity arises walk in and have your haircut,he cannot refuse you if they are open to the public,if that does not work,then you could just reiterate that you may have come off too harsh,and never intended to insult him,apologize,to him if you understand that sexuality is a sensitive thing,while morals defined by the majority of society may dictate homosexual activity is a wrong choice,it is ultimately a choice that has to be made by each individual,I do not like to watch gay activists marching down the street,because I feel that it is offensive to me,as it appears they push the subject into the veiw of people,and does little for their cause of acceptance.


But so as long as a person does not push their point of veiw on you,then they have the right to lead their own lives in the manner in which they so choose.


But it appears that perhapes this stylist is frustrated by your comments and have decided not to have any dealings with you any longer,best suggestion is to part ways and find you a great hetrosexual hair stylist,just dont mentionthat hetrosexuals should only do the missionary position otherwise you may have to find another stylists very soon.
Well, to put it bluntly, he has the right to refuse service to anyone. Much as you have the right to find another hair dresser; which I highly recommend! No hair dresser, nor hair, is worth $150.00! Unless you're John Edwards paying $400.00 of campaign funds for a hair cut.
Your best bet is to apologize and be sincere. It is obvious that he is not doing it (cutting your hair) because he is a man of principle. Appeal to emotional and logical side (by apologizing), the money doesn't mean anythig to him. I also don't see the relevance of you being a Christain or not in this situation. He more than likely has the option to refuse service to anyone if he is not working for an organization or company.
Your hairdresser not only has the right to refuse service to you, but could bar you from the premesis if he so desired over unwelcome comments about his lifestyle, which is in an EEOC protected group.





Just go to SuperCuts as it won't matter anyway; no amount of styling will make up for an ugly personality.
You may or may not have some legal recourse and may want to throw away MORE money and contact an attorney but do you really want an angry man styling your hair? That would scare me, I like my hair the way it is, on my head.
You have no recourse. Frankly I think your a Liberal teenage boy who has too much tiome on your hand. The question you ask and the story on your profile sounds like a very bad tv Character on Fox. You basically made an archtype villian for liberals. Give me a break.
I doubt it would hold up in any court. Any business has the right to refuse service. besides it sounds like you were discriminating against him.
For starters, your statement, ';he is gay himself, I am not prejudiced against the folks because they make the best stylists'; reeks of prejudice and stereotypes - so, if you fooled youself into believing that you are not prejudiced, you would be the only one that was fooled.





';the folks';???


';the best stylists';???





As an afterthought, I really don't see the point in giving you any more of my time in providing an answer, so will simply end there.
As an employee he has the right to refuse service to anyone.





Sorry, you're just going to have to cut that hair yourself.
Maybe if you offered an apology instead of money, he would do you hair. You don't need to apologize for how you feel, but you should apologize for hurting his feelings.
Get in the car and drive to another hair stylist not a queer one. Why would you want to feed that bumb anyway. Get a real good straight hair stylest. Forget the lawsuit, what could you win ';nothing';.
You've got a lot to learn. You were the one who made the discriminating remarks. I can't believe you even said what you did in his presence, then thought you could smooth it over with money of all things. And yes, you are prejudiced, as well as shallow, and stupid.


As far as legal options, you have none. It's his establishment, and he has legal rights to refuse your business at any time for any reason. And I don't blame him for doing so.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am a Christian and I would never behave like this! People have different beliefs than me and I am ok with that! I don't have any right what-so-ever to judge anyone! I am proud to say that I admire this hairdresser for standing up for his truth and washing his hands of your money. You don't have to press your opinions on anyone so you should have kept your mouth shut. But since you didn't you should have apologized to him and thanked him for all that he has done for you. Tell him you understand why he can no longer give you haircuts. GENUINELY wish him happiness and success in all his endeavors and walk out the door to find a new hairstylist.

    We all make mistakes in life and you have to pick yourself up, take your blame and walk on.

    ReplyDelete