Friday, May 14, 2010

Do you complain if a hairdresser makes a bad job of your hair do?

I had my hair cut on Sunday and the hairdresser kept cutting and cutting my fringe, despite me asking her repeatedly to stop!! I complained but there is not much they can do once it has been cut off, just wondered if anyone else had a similar story?Do you complain if a hairdresser makes a bad job of your hair do?
Totally you complain! If you asked her and then TOLD her to stop, then she should stop. I once refused point blank to pay for a haircut after the hairdresser made me look like a complete boob, giving the opposite of what I wanted and not stopping and because she did such a terrible job I walked out without having to pay. If I were you though, I'd put my foot down really hard and demand to speak to her superior. I'd seriously not think twice about refusing to pay them happened to me again though.Do you complain if a hairdresser makes a bad job of your hair do?
I have had similar problems- just generally a lack of service. It's as though they are doing you a favour by cutting your hair and you have to be grateful, although you are the one paying.





I must have tried 15 different hairdressers before I found mine. She's not chatty and over friendly but she cuts my hair perfectly- just how I like it. Even if I only have it trimmed, people still notice as she gets the ends so sharp and neat.





So my advice is keep trying until you find one you like.
Remember...it's YOU that's paying for their services...they work for you! But there's not much you can about a fringe that's cut too much. It's not the end of the world...it'll grow back soon. Just go to a different hairdresser next time or a different salon.
A few months ago I had a very awkward situation with my regular hairdresser: her next client arrived early and as a result she really rushed my haircut. It seemed to be OK, but a few days later when I washed it, I could see how terrible it really was - she'd completely wrecked the style by not doing the layers properly and by any objective standards, my hair looked awful!





I phoned the salon and spoke to her: I was really nice and said that I felt very uncomfortable about calling her but that something had gone awry with the cut. Two days later I returned to the salon and she re-cut my hair; as soon as I sat down and she took a look at me she admitted my hair looked dreadful!





I left the salon with a lovely cut; the one I should have received originally; she felt happy, I felt happy, and it was a great result all round! And she's still my hairdresser!





So yes - if you've received a poor cut DEFINITELY SPEAK UP!
I have before.. Some are incompetent and some just dont care to do it right. And some are just sadists, seriously. I didn't have a haircutter like that but I had a dentist who seemed to take pleasure in causing tremendous pain in my teeth. It was only till years later that I realized I wasnt imagining it, that he probably had serious psychological problems.
Sadly no, I never complain. I am simply left with a fear of hairdressers! What is it with that not listening thing?! I sit there, let them hack my hair off, somehow manage a smile and a thank you, hand over far too much money, try not to run til I'm out the door and then break down in tears when I get home in front of a mirror to view the horror I have been left with atop my poor head! The fringe is definitely the biggest mine field and now I say 'take the minimum off, I like it looking like it's going to need a trim in the next couple of weeks' so far that has worked for me and I haven't ended up looking like I did in one particularly bad school photo after my Mum had had a go at it!
Well it depends how bad they cut it and if they can rectify it really. Dont go back again.
I did. I had made a booking with the main stylist, he was out, they gave me some 17 year old, she butchered my hair, I was left looking like a croydon scrubber. (As the haircut did actually take place in croydon it was probably the only style she knew) Awful.





I kicked up a stink, and refused to pay the full 拢60, offering a fiver instead. The salon got very aggressive with me threatening to call the police, I stood my ground, pointed to my godawful hair as evidence, they said they never wanted to see me again, this was not a problem for me.
Been there and done that!!





Best thing is to do is never to go back there again.





There are some hairdressers that put their own 'style' into your haircut and your like 'hello?' i don't want it like that!





But my advice is not to complain, it won't get you absolutly anywhere, because when you leave the hairdressers they'll probably laugh and ***** behind your back.





I'm a hairdresser and If some wants to complain, i wouldn't mind. I just want the client to love their hair not to hate it but all people are different. And because i'm new to the trade i havent gone all meany yet!! x
yh simuliar story strangely enuf next time you go into that hairdressers bring some of your friends and say your interested totally then ask for the hairdresser you had last time and ask her if shewould kindly explain what happened last tym and if she is rude you and your friends go but if not then stay
I was once growing out a perm and went to a new salon where i asked the stylist to layer it. She was chatting away saying how she thought my hair was lovely and when she'd finished cutting it, it looked great.........the problem arose when she starting blow drying it. I wanted her to scrunch dry it (it was the late 80's by the way!) but instead she dried it and styled it in such a way, i looked like i was wearing a wig (and a bad one at that!) i didnt complain, just did that thing that most people do when a hairdresser is showing you the back of your hair with a mirror, nodding my head and making noises of approval but in my mind thinking ';what on earth has this stupid woman done with my hair!'; I even gave her a tip and left the salon very quickly, ran home and dunked my head under the tap! Needless to say i never went there again!!
I have complained, sternly but politely. I brought 9 pictures to a stylist (all showed very similar cuts) and stressed that I did not want my hair angled at the bottom at all. Can you say BLUNT CUT? Although he said he understood, could/would cut it how I wanted, etc. he proceeded to hack it into an EXTREME angle, and 3 inches shorter than I specified to boot! Not enough hair left to un-angle it so I was stuck. The worst part, and what made me angriest, is that he acted as if he did not care at all - he couldn't even fake feeling bad about it. I spoke to the salon owner, showed him the pictures, and he was in total disbelief. I told him I wasn't paying for the cut and he didn't argue. Poor guy looked mortified. The capper was that I had a job interview the following week. I got the job but the bad cut really shook my confidence.


Needless to say I never went back to that salon. If you repeatedly told your stylist to stop %26amp; she didn't listen I'd think twice (10 times!) about returning. Thankfully, I have an EXCELLENT stylist now - 6 years and not a bad cut yet!
it happened to my sister in a Top hair saloon, she asked for bob and they cut her hair all funny long at the front and all cut up at the back then dyed it brown and all blond at the back she was horrified she wanted a brown bob, so she complained and they were so ignorant but they said they would fix it when she went back in they dyed her hair practically black in the end she had to get her hair done my her neighbour.
Many of them do it a lot. Some are incompetent posers trying to pretend they are in the highest levels when they are really learning. The salon makes more money if they can charge clients the higher rates of ';better'; stylists.





You have to be very specific about what you want done and insist they follow your wishes. I have twice had to go back for incompetence of a stylist, once for a perm that burned hair and another time for a dye job gone seriously wrong. If it's bad enough, I won't hesitate to call them up to do what they can do to fix it. If they have tried twice to fix it, I will find another more competent stylist. After all, it's your hair and your money - they shouldn't be experimenting!
yeah same i went to ther hair dresser on thursday and she didnt cut enough off,and also cut it crooked at the back..so i felt too stink going back and complaining so got a friend to cut it..so pissed off tho she charged me 85$ for it and didnt even do a good job.





i really should have gone back.as iam sure the salon owners would rather know of a prob and fix it...
go back def...





if you went for a resturant and they cooked you the wrong thing, you'd complain wouldn't you? look at it like that..
my hairdresser is always fine, but if she were doing anything wrong i would tell her straight away...not sure if i would complain after though!
COMPLAIN TO THE MANAGER AND REFUSE TO PAY!
it happened to me once when i was 15. it was the first time i had been to get my hair cut without my mum and she cut way too much off. i cried so much i made her cry and they gave me a bag full of shampoo and conditioner etc then when i got home i decided i actually quite liked it LOL!!!
Absolutely you complain. You call the manager and let them see what has happened. It sounds like maybe it was only the fringe. It could of been worse. Insist that your next hc with someone else in the salon or that person if you want to give them another chance is free. This sounds like a miscommunication- I find with photos there are not miscommunications.
I'm a bit wussy when it comes to making a complaint.I'd simply ask for another hairdresser at the same studio next time, then let slip that the other one made a mess of it last time I had it cut.Or, simply change hairdressers in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment